There are quite a few recreational activities for families, businessmen, and women on and around Roy Lake.
The glacial lakes, including Roy Lake, remain a favorite with fisherman who enjoy fishing or for families wanting to experience fishing. Roy Lake contains all types of fish including walleyes, crappie, bluegill, perch, small mouth bass, large mouth bass, and northern pike. Sit off one of our docks or rent a boat or go with our guide for a great individual or family fishing experience on any of the glacial lakes in the area that happen to have fish biting!
Go see our fishing page!
The surrounding area in Marshall County South Dakota has one of the most public hunting areas (~55,000 acres) outside of the Black Hills! In this area you can hunt deer, turkey, waterfowl, and pheasants! If you would prefer to hunt in North Dakota, the resort is only 20 minutes from Sargent County North Dakota.
Go see our hunting page!
Get on the Glacial Lakes Snowmobile trail which covers ~73 miles of scenic trails primarily in the backcountry and meandering through the glacial lakes. It is known to be one of the best trails outside of the Black Hills.
Other things to do!
If the fishing and hunting isn't for you here are some other options for you!
- Sunbathing / Swimming at the one of the two beaches in the Roy Lake State Park . One beach is a 7 minute walk from the resort and cabins.
- 9 Hole Frisbee Golf located in Roy Lake State Park where the resort is located. The course is a 7 minute walk from the resort and is located near the beach.
- Hiking at Sica Hollow State Park , 30 minutes from the resort.
- 3 Golf Courses located within 5 to 20 miles of the resort.
- Fort Sisseton State Park is a 20 minute drive from the resort and a great historic place to visit.
- Horseback riding can be done in the surrounding area. Don't need to bring your horse!
- Sisseton's Indian Cultural Center and Museum.